Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 2 Az trip

Actually a little of Day 1 and then some of day 2.....

Here is a picture of the resort. The name of the place is JW Marriott Star Pass


Here are a few pictures of the Tequilla toast from the first day, before the cocktail hour/dinner.





Day one/ night cont... We were provided entertainment by a traditional Navajo Indian group. They sung traditional music and performed traditional dances, but per their request not photographs or video were taken. I think their rain dance actually brought on the cold and very windy weather that we had the rest of the week. Dinner was buffet-style with a wide variety of food to choose from and for me...I missed Lamb on Easter, but they had it on the Buffet and that is mainly what I ate. We had some different desserts as well. Root Beer Bruleed Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Dumplings, Indian pudding…etc. I tried the pumpkin pie root beer concoction but I’m just not a root beer fan. I got the safe choice, vanilla ice cream. Well, so I thought. The vanilla, that Jen appropriately renamed SANilla, left a grainy after taste as if I had eaten sand. It wasn’t bad, but different. We had the whole table and others eatting it, even though it was odd. The next batch was actual vanilla tasting.

Day 2 - Jen and I was up at 3:30 Arizona time (6:30 EST), I tried to go back to sleep but Jen decided to go to the gym and work out. After an hour and twenty minutes of working out all by herself, she went up to the lobby to wait for 6:00 a.m., which took forever. She did the morning hike around the mountains surrounding the property. It was 2 miles, she says it felt great. The scenery was gorgeous and the company was nice. We had a great group of employees that won, we all got along great. Here is a couple of pictures of Jens hike



While J was hiking I went to breakfast, I finally got up at 6am as I did not want to get out of bed at 3am. After the hike, Jen came back to the room to shower. She was brushing her hair in the bathroom when she heard a loud noise. She looked in the room and there was a bird on her bed. He just looked at her and flew back outside. The room did not have a screen on the slidding glass door. I had a "class" I had to attend. It was actually really great. Cindy who is the main "Learning and Development" person from our Division office taught the class. I have attended classes with her in the past, and she is always so funny, which makes the training fun. It was about 3 hours long and seemed like only 20 mins. We had a break where Paul and I went exploring that end of the resort. Great pictures from there too. After the class was a "boxed Lunch" which was really good. I had the wrap, Jen had the actual sandwhich. During lunch Jen got a phone call from the hospital’s patient financial services back home. They wanted her to come in or an interview Monday (yesterday) at 10:00 a.m. WOOHOO!! She really want this job since it will be full time and full benefits, something she does not have at the present moment. Fingers crossed!

After lunch we left for our excursion to the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum. We got to explore all the plants and wildlife in Tuscon. We got to see (in the distance) a 3 million acre Indian Reservation for the T'Ohono Odham Indians. We saw lots of really cute animals and lots more of different cacti's. Also, 60 miles from the Desert Museum was Mexico. We went back to the resort and had a nice dinner with a Mexican Flare. We had a traditional Mexican band/group serenade us during dinner. We made some good friends at dinner and we really enjoyed getting to know them. After dinner I went back to the room early as I started feeling bad, Jen stayed by the fire pit with a few of them and talked for an hour or so. One person finally asked her, "How old are you?" She said, "I'll be 28 next week." He replies, "Oh good because I was wondering why a 15 year old was drinking Jack and Coke." She does look young, but not 15 yrs old young. I kind of think he really just wanted to know her age as he kept hitting on her most of the time we were there. Tomorrow is the Jeep Scavenger Hunt through the desert!

Keep Stellan in your thoughts and prayers. Should have had his surgery this morning.

No comments: