Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Working out with a migrane does not mix

OK, so I have had a migrane that keeps flairing up since Saturday. I will take my meds and go to bed, it gets better for a little while but I have not let it completely go away. Well, yesterday at work one started coming on towards the end of the day. But I knew if I took something I would be done for. I had my appointment at 5pm with Adam. Told him ahead of time I had a headache, and could we work on the lower half of me for now, but show me upper body things. Started off fine, but then a this one machine I had to push up with my knees but the weight was at my neck and shoulders....was not pretty. I was done for, but I did get 30 mins worked out of me before that. After that he says, I am not a sales man....but then after me telling him 4 times I do not have 160.00 a week for a personal trainer did not sink in! So what does he do? He brings over another guy to see if he can give me a better deal. OK, so now it is 120.00 a week and 6 free weeks. Yes that was 40.00 less, but that was still 120.00 more than I can do, this would be on top of the 30.00 a month for the gym. If I had that money I would do the doctor with pills thing to help me drop the weight faster while I am also toning up. I know I am extreamly fat, and I know I need to do something about it. But damn it I am in the door with all the machines. I WILL work out and I WILL push myself to do it. I do not need to pay the extra money. Many times Adam said, oh I will push you no problem there. Well, BUFF ADAM I will push me too. I am sure I have many peole that will push me too. And seeing them skinny toned girls, and those hot buff guys in the gym will motivate me as well. He was to the point that if they asked one more time I was going to cancell and go to a different gym. LA Fitness is not the only gym out there. I have a 24 hour one right down the street from my house, I do not need to go there. But I liked the place and it is close to work. They are open from 5am to 11pm 7 days a week, so that is fine with me. Now if I can just drink my water! I have always had issues with water. I do not like it. Think I will add a little bit of a crystal light packet and slowly add little less until I can handle the water. I did not get all of my water in yesterday, but I tried. Oh, fake chicken in a salad is good. I was shocked at how good it was. So, tomorrow after work I will be hitting up Publix for more.

Yes, rambling again. Hope everyone has a great day. damn gotta go back down stairs again for the 2nd time. Yes, doing the stairs going down, but elevator up. Legs are burning. But that will be another goal. NO MORE ELEVATOR! That is one goal I can tell you, the other I can not at this time.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congrats on taking the first step. As you know I've been eating healthier but I still haven't started the working out. Take it one day at a time and tell ADAM to stuff it.

Scrappin' Jackie said...

Good for you going to the gym. i am proud of you and a bit jealous as I can never seem to motivate myself to work out.
As for the water, I am with ya. I use crystal light and I also do like the flavored waters from Wal-Mart.
Good willpower vibes headed your way.