Thursday, January 15, 2009

Almost Friday, and can not come soon enough.

Yes, I made it to work at 5:59am and then worked til about 5:30pm. This has been one very long work week. Today was hectic too. There was two major things that I had to do, and it was on a time table that could not get missed. Now, tomorrow will be busy too...but then I have a three day weekend. Instead of busy at work, I will be busy at home.

Tonight after work I went to the movies, I have not been in awhile. I even got to choose the movie. I chose Gran Torino. Now, naturally Clint Eastwood drew me into wanting to see the movie. Well, that was one heck of a movie. You have to get past how very racist he plays in the movie, but that is what also makes the movie. This is a must see movie. Just in case you have not heard about this movie....Clint Eastwood stars as Walt Kowalski, a widower who holds onto his prejudices despite the changes in his Michigan neighborhood and the world around him. Kowalski is a grumpy, tough-minded, unhappy an old man, who can't get along with either his kids or his neighbors, a Korean War veteran whose prize possession is a 1972 Gran Torino he keeps in mint condition. When his neighbor Thao, a young Hmong teenager under pressure from his gang member cousin, tries to steal his Gran Torino, Kowalski sets out to reform the youth. Drawn against his will into the life of Thao's family, Kowalski is soon taking steps to protect them from the gangs that infest their neighborhood

No comments: