Thursday, December 18, 2008

I am here

OK, yesterday was a bad day! Things just kept going wrong all day. Anywhere I drove I think I had a big bullseye on my car! People pulling out in front of me, not letting me out or over. Even at the grocery store ptting shopping carts right at my car, not just one but 2 so I could not have pulled out of the parking lot. Took mom to luch tried to order food for me, did not get what I asked for...he did not charge me...but still I wanted it! Ended up not getting it at all. Work email was down, main thing I needed to do a few things. It was off and on working. Eye doctors appointment had to get bifocals! Yes, bifocals! Have an enlarged nerve ending in the back of my eye which is what is causing the pressure and pain. So spent alot more on glasses than I planned. JUST UGH. But the way I look at it...it could have been a worse day so I am ok with the way it turned out, and it is now in the past.

Moms appointment claimed to have been about 1 1/2 to 2 hours was done in 30 mins! No it was not a plastic surgeon. And so yes she has a almost dime size round funky looking scar now. She will go back in 2 weeks to have it looked at and get the results from the biospy. FUN!

Today we are having our department brunch and gift exchange. We do it a fun way! You can choose a unwrapped gift or a wrapped gift (except for the first person of coarse). And you can only take someone elses gift up to the third time then it becomes "dead" and no one can then take that gift. Best number to have is about the middle. Some are then dead and or you have better choices. Last year people kept taking my stuff and it did not become dead til later. Ended up with my own gift back as all the good things were dead and my gift was nice and it was not dead yet. I must have had to re choose a gift 8 times! It became a joke! I did not keep my gift actually. I gave it to Carolyn as the gift she got was an old maybe 5.00 item if that. I felt bad for her, so I gave her mine. She was going to take it but did not want me to have to do it one more time. She was last to go! Will let you know how today goes. Brought my camera.

No comments: