Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rainy Birthday update

Took mom out to brunch for her birthday. She loves seafood, but usually is disappointed in most all places. "Seafood is not just the same" here in Florida for her. So, I asked a friend at work that is from Massachuettes also if there are any "good seafood" places in Tampa. She told me about one at the Ballast Point pier. I called them to make sure they had parking close to the door. Since they did, I took her there. I finally found it, dummy me forgot to look at the directions. It looked like a big time dive. Mom walked up while I parked the car - all close spots were taken, and she thought it was closed as no one was in the place. She tried the door and it opened. Not starting out good, first we could not find it and then no one was there. Gave it a shot anyways, cause Elaine is picky, if she said it was good it had to be. I ordered the Fishermans Platter as it had a little of everything. It had shrimp, scallops, clams, fries, onion rings, cole slaw, and Haddock fish. The scallops were a little on the whimmpy side, but everything else was really really good. I know my mom loves Haddock so I let her have it, she made the mistake of insisting that I try it. Well, I became a "indian giver" and took it back! Man that was the best fish I had ever had. WOW was it good! It surpassed the taste test, she was really happy and loved it. So, I got a A+ on this suggestion. And for desert I stopped off at Wrights Gourmet to get some slices of cake. I got a few different ones, but we are all sharing the slice. One is big enough for 3 people to get still a great try of it. I got Red Velvet, Carrot Cake, Choclate and peacan pie. Those are all her favorites. The peacan pie is so sweet Cody could not even finish the piece he had - I have not tried it yet. But if he could not finish a sliver of it - I know it is too sweet.

Cody did go to dinner with his father. Him, his wife Judy, and his other son Garrett all went to Longhorn Steakhouse. They were not gone long. Goes to a steakhouse and only ordered a hamburger. He said it was ok, but looked disappointed that he went with them instead of us.

Well, tomorrow is Sunday again already. MAn oh Man time is slying. That is great cause next week is the Birthday crop! Big time fun coming our way. Sad that Jayne wont be there, she will be missed. Will be on our minds and in our hearts though! This week will be busy getting ready. But all for it, so it will be fine.

Hope you all have a great Sunday

No comments: